PRODUCTION MACHINING LEAD - SWISS
The primary duties of the Production Machining Lead is to lead the setup and operators to produce parts in the most safe and efficient way possible while maintaining a quality result. The Production Machining Lead will partner with the production machine manager on all day to day activities. The Production Machine Lead will be the operator’s first point of contact for the hour by hour and day to day machine setup and operation however; the setup and operators will continue to report directly to the Production Machining Manager. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to setup, troubleshoot and monitor CNC machine centers , reading prints, guiding and coaching the operators that run Swiss Turning machines. The Production Machining Lead will actively work with the machine based production team and Production Machine Manager to strive for continuous process improvement in setup, production and quality and on time delivery.
• Support operators to maintain a high level of production.
• Read and understand blue prints.
• Have a strong understanding of G and M code program
• Have a heavy emphasis machining different metals which include, 17-4, titanium, 15-5, aluminum.
• Must have a working knowledge of GDT
• Interact as a liaison between Production Machine Manager and the production floor.
• Perform and assist operators in the set up and operation of Swiss Machines using correct feeds and speeds while following standard operating procedures to produce good pieces within quality control limits per print.
• Must be able to make changes to machine offsets and/or perform minor program editing to maintain dimensional accurate
• Properly document required information on work orders.
• Visually inspects parts for defects at prescribed intervals.
• To periodically make all required quality checks.
• Read and understand written work instructions.
• Instruct others on the setup and operation of the machine.
• Learn and employ basic computer skills used to complete work orders
• Experience reading blue prints and using precision gauging equipment, such as micrometers and calipers.
• Advise Production Machine Manager of status and conflicts in production.
• Work with Production Machine Manager on set up quality and performance of CNC machine centers.
• Lead and coach setup personnel and operators.
• Conducts 100% visual inspection of lots as needed.
• Conducts 100% pin gauging of lots as needed.
• Ensures product quality to meet or exceed specifications.
• Maintains good housekeeping at all times in their assigned work areas.
• Develops skills to a point that will enable setup and operators to produce quality parts at an acceptable production levels.
• Communicate status to Production Machine Manager.
• Utilize computer to find latest revision of procedures and work instructions.
• Identifies, contains, and follows all non-conformance procedures if a defective condition is found.
• Observes all safety regulations in all duties.
• Performs other duties as required.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Must have 5+ years of experience in a machine based manufacturing facility.
• Must have working knowledge of CNC Lathes, CNC Mills and Swiss turning machines.
No visa sponsorship (H1-B, etc.) available at this time, sorry.