PROJECT MANAGER - MATERIAL HANDLING SYSTEMS ENGINEERING
My client is a construction services firm with a long histroy of service in architecture, construction, engineering, project management and the like. They are looking for a talented Project Manager to join their team in the Melvindale area.
Serve as the project team leader and liaison between the project team, the client and internal management for projects involving the design and engineering of material handling systems (including high speed sortation systems). The PM participates in day-to-day project activities, communication, and management in order to facilitate a successful project. The PM is responsible to control project activities to contain cost, meet deadlines and satisfy client’s expectations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Manage the development of all project deliverables and quality standards required to meet internal and client deliverables.
• Be familiar with all contract documents and all project(s) objectives including client standards, as well as country of work codes and specifications (i.e. OSHA, NFPA, LSC101, etc.).
• Develop plans for executing and controlling projects, including but not limited to, schedules, budgets, resource management, and change management.
• Define approval process and timing, both internally and with the client, for review of all project submittals.
• Monitor that all engineering calculations are properly prepared and that the review of contractor calculations and submittals is performed in a timely fashion according to the scope of the project.
• Be accountable for quality of program deliverables both, internally and with the client.
• Provide direction and coaching to members of the project team.
• Make sure all project team members are appropriately safety trained, orientated to possible hazards and properly outfitted with personal protective equipment when going on-site.
• Prepare and monitor all invoicing from pre-approval through client approval and follow-up to ensure timely payments both to the company and from to sub-contractors.
• Define and maintain project change order process to ensure accurate documentation is prepared, maintained and communicated, both internally and externally.
• Support business development initiatives by participating in proposal / estimate development and participation in sales and marketing efforts.
• Understand, support and portray the company's corporate image and display professionalism in all related activities.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline preferred; or Associate’s degree with equivalent technical experience.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in material handling industry (robotics, packaging, manufacturing). Prefer minimum 5 years in project management.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong leadership skills that highlight a passion for client satisfaction, quality, team building, mentoring and conflict resolution.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of software, including MS Project.
• AutoCAD experience preferred.
• Ability to travel to client sites
No visa sponsorship (H1-B, etc.) available at this time, sorry.
COYOTE TECHNICAL & EXECUTIVE SOURCING
3735 SW 8th St.
Coral Gables, FL 33134
Direct Line: 305-809-7563