QUALITY CONTROL AND REGULATORY MANAGER
My client has an outstanding opportunity for a Quality Control/Regulatory Manager. The position offers opportunities for growth with a national company that manufactures flavors for use in the food industry.
Essential Job Duties: The position provides support to the R&D and Production departments.
- Maintains Quality/Safety manual for new production site.
- Responsible for compliance to FSMA.
- Ensures products meet applicable regulations and customer requirements.
- Provides Account Managers regulatory support documents for customers.
- Primary point of contact for customer support documentation.
- Responsible for new and emerging regulations and other compliance trends like gluten declarations.
- Maintain SQF program and certifications.
- Oversees preventative actions and verification procedures.
- Leads food safety system documentation review and record maintenance.
- Performs pre-requisite program development and scheduled revisions.
- Designs HACCP/HARPC and conducts plan maintenance and annual validation.
- Develops pre-op inspections plans and line clearance for operation plans.
- Performs and assists with root cause investigations and Corrective Action Preventative Action reports.
- Oversee the customer complaint program and trend analysis for each applicable department.
- Point of contact for all customer and regulatory audits.
- Conducts annual refresher training.
- Responsible for managing the environmental program.
- Responsible for the release or hold of finished products and raw materials.
- Performs trace and recall procedures, as needed.
- Documentation review and record maintenance.
- Lead for internal audits and oversight of Good Manufacturing Practices, procedures and approves paperwork on the production floor.
- Performs and assists in conducting training and coaching of employees.
- Responsible for Pest Control Program.
- Performs and assists with root cause analysis / investigations.
- Conducts special projects as assigned.
- Performs and assists with Good Manufacturing Supplies (outer garments, color coded sanitation and production supplies).
- Responsible for the facility environmental program (Air, Water, ATP).
Education/ Qualifications/ Certifications and Licenses
- Bachelor’s degree preferred – experience/industry certifications may be substituted for education.
- Knowledge of applicable FDA regulations and requirements.
- Must be an SQF Practitioner
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills to agreeable engage with coworkers and customers.
- Must have the ability to potentially oversee Quality and regulatory departments at multiple facilities as necessary.
- 5+ years prior food plant quality control experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate with cross-functional departments.
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish/English), but not required.
- Must be able to clearly communicate food safety concepts and principles.
- Provide direction.
- Ability to create and revise SOP’s
- Strong aptitude and proficiency in spreadsheets and word processing software
- MS office (Excel, Word).
- Trending reports (SPC,KPI’s).
- Work requires the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) where necessary
- Work requires some standing and sitting for long periods of time, including working on a food manufacturing processing floor.
- Must be able to climb ladders, atop and under equipment.
No visa sponsorship (H1-B, etc.) available at this time, sorry.